Web Site Hosting
As a business Internet service provider, Gaslight Media houses all of it’s own web and database servers in-house, utilizing a Gigabit fiber-based connection that feeds directly into our corporate office in Petoskey, Michigan. We recommend Web sites begin hosting on a 128 Kb/s hosting service. This bandwidth level can be increased as traffic warrants, but not until consultation with the client occurs and monitoring reports are reviewed.
Our Web server monitoring and server statistics are made available to our clients via a Web browser — accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our Web hosting features include:
- Reports: Web server statistic reports available via customer’s server, using a distinguished URL (www.yourbusinessname.com/admin), which is protected with a user id and password. Server statistics are compiled on a daily and monthly basis.
- Monitoring: Bandwidth is monitored on a 24/7 basis.
- Backup and Recovery Plans: Our servers are equipped with redundant storage devices (RAID ARRAYS) to avoid downtime due to single drive failures. Web site data is backed up hourly. Epic and incremental file backups are performed at regular intervals. Backup materials are carried off site daily for security.
Customer Managed Web Hosting
Gaslight Media provides a spectrum of hosting and co-location services utilizing fault-tolerant systems, uninterruptible and locally regenerated power (4-6 hours without generator or indefinitely with the generator in operation) along with positive pressure environmental controls for core systems and co-location services.
- MySQL or PostgreSQL Database
- PHP 4
- Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Extensions
- Webalizer + Raw Logs Statistics
- Virtual Email (additional service)
- SSL w/ Purchased Secured Certificate
- Secure access via SSH and FTP
Services Not Available
- MS SQL or MS Access Database
- Active Server Pages
- Microsoft Share Point Team Services
- Access via Telnet
Security is a top priority at Gaslight Media. We have established and rigorously implemented, strict security policies to protect our servers and systems, and therefore our customer Web sites and services. This is why we run exclusively UNIX/LINUX based servers utilizing only approved software. As such, we do not support certain types of Web publishing software that may constitute a risk to our systems or our customers.
Gaslight Media's Customer Managed Hosting solutions run on a Linux operating system with Apache Web servers and support the languages and services listed below.Back to Top