The mission of the Traverse City Tourism is to enhance the economic vitality of the area through sales and marketing of the destination to conventions, meetings and leisure travel markets.
To make this mission a reality, the Traverse City Tourism partnered with Gaslight Media to develop a dynamic Web site for visitors, members and client. To accomplish this goal, the Web site has been developed utilizing our custom CVB Package Web site components:
Gaslight Media Toolbox (Content Management System)
Events Calendar – internal and external submission
Business Listing Database with Members Only area with Interactive Mapping program for Member Locations
Online Reservation System integrated within member records, and as a stand alone system for visitors
Custom Gift Certificate Order processing for both Traverse City Tourism and the Downtown Merchants gift certificate program
Search This Site - multiple categorical and text field options
The Traverse City Tourism members have many new interactive features to take advantage of. The ‘Member Only’ area of the Web site gives members the ability to:
- Update their member profile record, which includes their text description, images, amenities and business contact info. Member update notifications are sent directly to TCT admin staff, pending their approval for posting the changes. The TCT admin staff can review and approve changes prior to posting live to the Web site;
- Enhanced Listings give members management add additional text and images to their member profile displayed to visitors;
- Manage coupons that members offer. Members are able to add and change their coupon information as often as they wish during their contract term. Visitors are able to view, select and print their choice of coupon promotions from the public side of the Web site, which are displayed in a print friendly PDF format;
- Manage events - members can add events to the events calendar that can be displayed on the TCT Web site;
- Online Reservations - Members have complete control of their properties accommodation types, inventory availability and management of their reservation requests that are received from the reservation system.
The launch of the Traverse City Convention & Visitors Bureau Web site includes many features that enhance the experience of their members, visitors and the TCT staff. Taking a complete database approach to developing the Web site, TCT now has complete control over their Web site growth, member interactions within the Web site, visitor retention and sales efforts in promoting the Traverse City area.
These are just a few of the features that our customized Convention & Visitors Bureau Web sites include. Find out how to empower your CVB by contacting Gaslight Media today and explore YOUR potential on the Web!
Visit Traverse City on the Mobile Web
The Traverse City Convention & Visitors Bureau recently launched their Mobile Web site, m.traversecity.com. Using our true mobile package, this site is a complete resource directory for visitors to the area. Find a business, an area event or get a coupon - all of this information is easily accessible to the mobile user right in the palm of their hand. Explore this great destination on the Mobile Web by scanning the QR code.